Benefits of Co-operative Education
- Explore different career opportunities
- Apply your classroom learning and gain a deeper understanding of the course material
- Develop valuable workplace skills such as teamwork, communication, writing and computer skills
- Earn money to help with tuition costs
- Network with professionals from your industry
- Build on your resume by adding relevant co-op experience
- Access job postings only available to co-op students
- Gain perspective on the industry and the latest developments and opportunities in your field
- Receive guidance and assistance with your job search
- See also: 5 Studies That Suggest Co-op Students Are More Employable
BC Co-operative Education Videos
Co-op Student Testimonials
Co-op not only allowed me to 'earn-as-I-learn' on the job...I also gained an incredible amount of confidence...Now I know how important an education really is!
Co-op is a stepping stone. It gives you a competitive edge on other graduates and allows you to make valuable employment contacts. I'm glad I went the co-op route.
Co-op allowed me to relate better to my courses. The number one benefit is that you get practical work experience.
Co-op has given me the opportunity to combine my studies with practical work experience in the 'real world' of work. Without co-op, I wouldn't have had the chance to gain this valuable experience.