To promote the philosophy and practice of co-operative education in our region.
The External Relations Committee is responsible for the following:
- Identifying strategies and priorities to promote the association to government, business and industry, organized labour, not-for-profit and the public
- Working collaboratively with appropriate associations and agencies
- Increasing awareness of the personal, institutional and societal benefits of co-operative education.
- Promoting of the ACE Portal as one-stop-shopping for posting positions for co-op students at all institutions, in all programs in BC
- Informing employers of the value of utilizing Cooperative Education as both short and long term recruitment strategies
- Advising on various methods for recruiting, engaging and retaining the millennium worker in today’s market.
Chair(s) of the Membership Committee
- The Chair(s) shall be responsible for chairing the meetings and ensuring the meetings move forward efficiently
- The Chair(s) shall attend quarterly ACE Board meetings representing the committee and giving quarterly reports on Committee activities
- The Chair(s) shall liaise directly with the other Committees on a regular basis to ensure appropriate planning for new and current member engagement strategies
- Meetings will be convened on a regular and/or an as needed basis
- Meetings may be held in person, or electronic means such as telephone, videoconference or by email.
- Recommendations and decisions of the External Relations Committee, to the extent decisions may be rendered, shall be made by consensus.
- The External Relations Committee reports to the Board.
Interested in joining this committee as a volunteer?
Message one of the Chairs in the Members section: 1) Search for the member by name, 2) Check the box next to their name and 3) In the "Choose an Action" dropdown menu, select "Send user a message (email)".