To welcome new members and engage current ACE membership
The External Relations Committee is responsible for the following:
- Make recommendations to the Board on activities to promote membership.
- Develop membership-building programs.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of survey tools such as membership needs assessments and satisfaction surveys.
- Promote volunteerism and diversity to engage existing members and promote new membership.
- Advise and make recommendations to the Board on any issue relating to the provision of services to individual members.
- Provide advice to the Board concerning membership needs.
- Partner with other committees as appropriate on matters of common interest.
- Report to the Board at least quarterly or more often as required on membership committee activities.
- Provide quarterly reporting (3x per year) at each board meeting and annually for the AGM
- Committee members shall be appointed by the existing members and may serve for 2 years
- If appointed, a member may serve for a maximum of two consecutive terms (4 years)
- Membership will commence at each AGM
Chair(s) of the Membership Committee
- The Chair(s) shall be responsible for chairing the meetings and ensuring the meetings move forward efficiently
- The Chair(s) shall attend quarterly ACE Board meetings representing the committee and giving quarterly reports on Committee activities
- The Chair(s) shall liaise directly with the other Committees on a regular basis to ensure appropriate planning for new and current member engagement strategies
- Meetings will be convened on an as needed basis
- Meetings may be held in person, or electronic means such as telephone, videoconference or by email
- Recommendations and decisions of the Membership Committee, to the extent decisions may be rendered, shall be made by consensus.
- The Membership Committee shall report to the Board.
2014 / 15 Goals
- Create an orientation process for new members (welcome and orientation package)
2015 / 16 Goals
- Identify & develop resources to support new and current members (ie. orientation video, online ACE Handbook, new members list, experts/mentors list, new member identification at events, utilize ACE key contacts at member institutions etc)
2016 / 17 Goals
- Identify areas of new and current member engagement
2017 / 18 Goals
- Create membership recruitment and retention plan
Interested in joining this committee as a volunteer?
Message one of the Chairs in the Members section: 1) Search for the member by name, 2) Check the box next to their name and 3) In the "Choose an Action" dropdown menu, select "Send user a message (email)".