WorkBC is the provincial government’s access point to the world of work in British Columbia. The site was created with the goal to help all British Columbians to successfully navigate B.C.’s labour market. WorkBC helps people find jobs and helps employers find the right talent. There is an abundance of practical information offered on WorkBC including: a comprehensive job database, career tools and a blog featuring trends and job-search tips.
When employers post opportunities through WorkBC, the postings can be classified into different types including ‘Co-op’ and ‘Student’. These opportunities may be positions that you have already promoted to your students but, in some cases, these may be new opportunities and new employers. To be notified when new positions are posted in these categories you can create a job alert. We’ve put together a quick step-by-step guide on how to set up email alerts through the WorkBC website. You can make alerts as specific or general as needed and can have them sent directly to your email as often as you would like. Just follow the easy steps below!
1. Create a Job Seeker account on the WorkBC website by clicking ‘Register‘
2. Once registered, on the main dashboard page look to the right-hand panel and click ‘Job Alerts‘
3. Click on the tab ‘Alert Settings‘ and then on the blue button ‘Create a Job Alert‘. You can have many alerts set up for more detailed searches.
4. Name your search and complete the form with your specific search requirements. Check the box ‘Send these alerts to my email‘ under the Keyword search box if you would like alerts sent to you directly. Once you have completed the form click on the button ‘Create‘.
5. Your new Job Alert will show up under the tab ‘Job Alerts‘ and will have a list of positions matching your requests. You can edit your alert to refine your search at any time.
Hopefully, this has been a helpful short guide on creating job alerts on the WorkBC website. Please feel free to leave any comments about other job alert resources.